COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOL
Thank you for your support, patience, and flexibility as we adapt to an ever-evolving situation.
SOME IMPORTANT QUESTIONS FOR YOU
Planning on coming to Tofino? We look forward to welcoming you! In the interest of ensuring your safety—and the safety of our community—please review the following questions:
- Do any of the members of your traveling party have the following symptoms of COVID-19: fever, cough, difficulty breathing, diminished taste or smell, runny nose, sore throat, muscle or body aches?
- Have any of your party had contact with a person with a confirmed or possible case of COVID-19 in the past 21 days?
- Has anyone in your party traveled outside of Canada in the past 14 days, or had contact with anyone that has just returned to Canada from abroad?
If you respond YES to any of the points above, we kindly ask you to call us to cancel your reservation with a full refund or change your reservation to a later date until you can respond NO to these questions. There is no charge for canceling or changing your reservation.
If you responded NO to the points above and plan to travel Tofino, it is important that we make you aware of special measures at Carriage House —and within the Tofino community—that comply with recent changes to government regulations and guidelines regarding COVID-19.
RESERVATION WINDOW - 24HRS SPACING
Please note that we require a 24-hr window between reservations in order to sufficiently clean and sanitize our Carriage House between guests. When you select your reservation dates, please ensure you leave a 24hr window between your check-in date and the previous check-out date. If there is less then 24hrs between reservations we will contact you to request a date change. If 24hrs cannot be maintained between reservations then unfortunately we will have to cancel the reservation.
- In order to allow for increased cleaning procedures, we now require 24 hours between reservations.
- Guests can self-check-in at any time after the permitted check-in time using our key lockbox. The lockbox code will be emailed prior to the reservation date.
Upon check-out, we request that the following procedures be followed:
- Dishwasher loaded and wash cycle started;
- Open a few windows for ventilation; and
- Start one load of white towels in the washing machine.
You must maintain social distancing measures at all times while on the property or within the community.
There are a number of restaurants open for takeaway and delivery. We recommend:
- Surfside Grill – at Pacific Sands Resort, take out only, burgers, tacos, fish & chips
- Shed Tofino – Take out & delivery, burgers, bowls and pizza
- Rhino Coffee House – Tofino’s go-to for breakfast, lunch, and donuts
- Summit Bakery – Handcrafted, naturally leavened bread and pastries
- Picnic Charcuterie - High quality cured meats and provisions
There are also a number of food stores open including:
- Gaia Grocery – Tofino’s Super Natural Grocer
- Beaches Grocery – Almost everything you need in one small store
- Tofino Co-op Food Store – Store limit 25 people, only send 1 person to shop
Please only visit the Tofino General Hospital if it is an emergency.
If you begin to show any symptoms of COVID-19 you must go home immediately and inform us of your departure.
KEEPING YOU SAFE
With regard to concerns around COVID-19, we are taking additional measures to ensure we are following best practices as directed by trusted health authorities to ensure you have a comfortable and safe visit.
As part of maintaining our high standards of hygiene and cleanliness, we have implemented enhanced health safety procedures and preventative practices, including:
- Medical-grade cleaning products are used throughout the Carriage House, including all common touch surfaces, chairs, couch, tables, outdoor furniture, and hot tub surface.
- Foaming hand sanitizer will be provided at the door of the Carriage House.
- Removal of all non-essential items including throw pillows, extra blankets, excess decorations.
We are closely monitoring developments of COVID-19 and following recommendations from our local health departments and experts at the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO). We take these measures very seriously and continue to communicate awareness and training procedures with our team to reinforce our sanitization and safety procedures.
Please call Kelsey Hendricks at 250-726-5139