Vacation Rental Agreement
This Vacation Rental Agreement (the Agreement) is made by and between Byron and Kelsey Hendricks (Homeowners) and (Guest) as of the date set forth in the booking confirmation. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
The vacation rental property is located at 1001 Jensen’s Bay Rd, Tofino BC V0R 2Z0 Canada
The maximum number of guests is limited to 6 persons (maximum 4 adults plus 2 children) and 2 dogs.
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
The vacation rental lease begins at 4:00 p.m. on (“Check-in Date”) and ends at 11:00 a.m. on (the “Check-out Date”).
Guest agrees to abide by the House Rules at all times while at the property, and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else the Guest permits on the property to abide by the House Rules at all times while residing at the property.
Guest shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair, inspection or emergency. The homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner by giving at least 24 hours notice (unless in case of emergency).
- A refundable security deposit of $250.00 is due. The deposit is for security purposes and will be refunded within 7 days of the Check-out Date, provided no deductions are made due to:
- damage caused to the property or furnishings;
- dirt or other mess requiring excessive cleaning, i.e. excessive cleaning as a result of a pet’s stay;
- Telus TV charges relating to On-Demand Shows and Movies; or
- any other cost incurred by Homeowner due to Guest’s stay
Should the damage amount exceed the amount of the deposit, the Guest remains liable for the balance.
- 50% of the total rate due at time of booking;
- Remaining balance plus sales tax (GST), cleaning fee, and refundable security deposit due 30 days before Check-in Date;
- If the booking is made within 30 days of the Check-in Date, the full payment of the total rental rate, sales tax, cleaning fee and refundable security deposit is due at the time of booking.
All paid prepayments are non-refundable. The Homeowner may also be entitled to cancel the Guest stay if house rules are broken during the rental period.
The Homeowner attempts to properly maintain the vacation rental. The Guest agrees to immediately notify the Homeowner of any maintenance problem so that the situation can be remedied as soon as possible. The Homeowner is not responsible for any inconveniences that may occur for which he has no control. This includes, but is not limited to power outages, adverse weather conditions, mandatory evacuation, construction, mechanical failure such as sauna, television, etc. No refunds will be given for occurrences beyond the Homeowner’s control. The Homeowner shall not be held liable for any injuries that may occur to Guests or their Visitors as a result of the acts of said Guests and Visitors. The Homeowner is not responsible for any theft or damage to Guest’s belongings during their stay at the vacation rental.
The parties agree to the terms of this Vacation Rental Agreement, as evidenced by the checking of box to accept the terms and conditions of the vacation rental and payment of the booking.